Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI)
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI), located at Prins Mauritslaan 37 1171 LP Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Prins Mauritslaan 37
1171 LP Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands
+31 85 303 26 86
The data protection officer of the Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) can be reached at email@example.com
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide them yourself.
Below you will find an overview of the categories of personal data that we process:
• Identification data (first and last name, address details, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.);
• Data about your activities on our website (IP address, Internet browser, device type, cookies, etc) and analytical data about your surfing behavior across different websites;
• Information that is necessary to be able to provide goods and services to you and to defend your rights (bank account number, statements, agreements, etc.);
• Other personal data that you actively provide to us, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence or by telephone.
Sensitive personal data
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) processes the following categories of special and/or sensitive personal data:
• Data from persons under the age of 16
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16. Unless they have parental or guardian permission. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 16. We therefore recommend that parents be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data from their children from being collected without parental consent.
• Sensitive personal data
To the extend necessary to establish, exercise or defense legal claims, or to exercise your rights under the GDPR, we may be required to disclose certain sensitive personal information (e.g. citizen service number or ID copy) to process. We hereby always request that you only provide us with those personal data that are strictly necessary for the intended purpose.
If you are convinced that we have processed special personal data about you without your permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will delete this information.
For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) processes your personal data for the following purposes:
• Identifying and examining from a long-term perspective issues of social importance, in particular those related to market information;
• Informing and advising consumers, government bodies, policy or opinion makers, agents, advisers and experts, supervisors and market parties;
• Representing interests, taking actions and claiming compensation for the (legal) persons affiliated with or registered with it, injured parties, proxy or clients or participants;
• Providing support to other (legal) persons who in any way stand up for the person for whose benefit the foundation is researching or conducting interests, takes action;
• Entering into, elaborating and executing agreements for the benefit of the foundation.
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) processes your personal data on the following principles:
• Identification data and marketing cookies are always processed on the basis of your informed and explicit consent;
• Functional and analytical data about your behavior on our website is processed on the basis of the legitimate interest of our organization;
• Data that are necessary to be able to deliver goods and services to you are collected in the context of the execution of an agreement;
• Certain sensitive personal data (for example citizen service number or copy ID) are processed insofar as this is strictly necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• Certain information about payments, invoices, agreements, statements, etc. is kept for a long time insofar as we are legally obliged to do so.
Automated decision making
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) does not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. These are decisions taken by computer programs or systems, without involving a person (for example, an employee of the Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI)).
How long we keep the personal data?
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to realize the goals for which your data is collected.
We use the following maximum retention periods for your data:
• Data about your activities on our website and analytical data about your surfing behavior are stored for a maximum of 12 months;
• Identification data and data that you actively provide to us are kept for a maximum of 36 months after your last contact with us;
• Contracts, data relating to payments and invoices are kept for 10 years in order to be able to meet our legal obligations with regard to audit and (tax) control.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) shares your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation.
We conclude a processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) remains responsible for these processing operations.
In principle, your personal data is only processed within the EEA. If your data should leave the EEA, we will provide appropriate safeguards (eg. EU-US Privacy Shield, Adequacy Decisions, Standard Contractual Clauses, etc.) to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data.
In addition, Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) provides your personal data to other third parties, for example if you are necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or to exercise your rights under the GDPR. We only do this with your express consent.
Cookies or comparable data that we use
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website.
When using cookies, we distinguish between functional, analytical and marketing cookies:
• The functional cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and, for example, remember your preferred settings.
• Analytical cookies track your surfing behavior on our website and across different websites. They aim to optimize the operation of our website. We always set these analytical cookies in such a way that the impact on your privacy is as minimal as possible.
• We also use marketing cookies. The purpose of these is to keep you informed of our activities and to offer you goods and services. These cookies (eg. Facebook Pixel) are only processed after you have given us explicit permission to do so.
You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
View, adjust or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we hold about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN) marked black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks.
How we protect your personal data
Foundation for Market Information Research (SOMI) takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes.
If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry into force and amendment of the regulations
This statement will take effect on 25 May 2018. Changes will be made by the person responsible, stating the date. The changes will take effect one month after they are announced.
Badhoevedorp, June 24, 2020
Board of Foundation for Market Information Research